• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

If you had to chose a pressure pot....

I know your all probably tired of seeing questions about pressure pots; but I've got one more!
What is the difference between the California air tools 5 gallon pressure pot (365C), and the C.A. Technologies 51-507C ?
Is it worth spending over twice as much? The tanks look the same.

I see the CA Tech pots have a higher psi rating. But that Teflon coated pot is probably easier to clean

I have the California air tools 5-gallon pot and am quite happy with it. I forget which but the top has max pressure of 80 or 90 printed on it and I can't imagine needing more. For spills I put a plastic liner in it so clean up is a piece of cake. Next one will be bigger. WoodCraft sells this one.

I spent a lot of time looking at cheaper pots, conversions, etc. Then I walked into my local Woodcraft store while they had the California Air Tools pots on sale ... walked out with the last of their stock and couldn't be happier!

Thank you all for your advise. I went with the CAT 10 gallon pressure pot; I'll have to remove that paint stir thing.

Back