• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Insurance for meeting place

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
Our club is starting discussions with the local high school about meeting in their woodshop. We did this for a while before but had the woodshop instructor there at every meeting. The problem was that we couldn't meet when he wasn't there. I discussed that with him today and we are going to talk to the principal to see if we can be allowed to meet without school personnel being there. Before I talk to them I wanted to find out what our insurance policy covers as far as the facilities. We do have members of the club who are not AAW members and it may be difficult to get everyone to join. Is this a problem? We are in desperate need for a larger and more centrally located place to meet. I think our club will grow a great deal with a larger facility. Thanks for your help. John

John, this past American Woodturner article should answer most of your questions...click here. If you need a copy of the policy itself, contact the AAW office in St Paul:

American Association of Woodturners
222 Landmark Center
75 West Fifth St.
St. Paul, MN 55102
651-484-9094
651-484-1724 (fax)

email: inquiries@woodturner.org

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
Thanks Ed. I believe that and our copy of the insurance policy should answer any questions they have. Now If I can just get them to trust me with a key. I'm looking forward to meeting there because the instructor is interested in getting his kids into turning. I'm hoping for a good partnership.

Back