• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

January Board meeting

The following notice was recently posted in the members area of the main site:

The next Board of Directors meeting will be held in Saint Paul (222 Landmark Center, room 326), January 14-16. Meetings will begin at 9am on Friday the 14th. All AAW members are welcome to attend.

This is a 4-day in-person meeting, mostly about the Symposium planning. No AV capability, Jack. We only get to listen in on the conference calls. Maybe someday we'll all have 2-way computer links and we can then attend like that "go to" software service.

Polycom

Mark, as any attorney surely knows, board meetings and other assemblies often have numerous people listening as well as participating while using 20 year old Polycom conference table phones. They work quite well, even from the hinterlands. Where there is a will, there has always been a way.

Jerry

Hi Jerry,

It's my understanding that the board's not spending 4 days around a conference table; rather they'll be out at the Symposium facility meeting with local volunteer committee staff and coordinating the Symposium assignments and planning.

I'm going out on a limb here, but I gonna doubt anybody's going to be following them all around with cordless phones :D

You are correct, however, in that if they were in a meeting round-table fashion, a speaker phone could be used.

Back