• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Jerry Bochenek

Hi, my name is Jerry Bochenek. I am retired and live in The Villages Florida. I am a member of our local Woodworking club. Our club offers Wood Turning as well as general woodworking and carving. I have been a woodworker by hobby for over 40 years primarily making furniture/cabinet type of projects. I also enjoy doing construction type projects around the home. I recently took some turning classes at our club and my wife bought me a 10" mini lathe last Christmas. My good friend has been a wood turner for many years and has helped me get started and has been a great mentor. I have really enjoyed turning and have turned several bowls, goblets, and boxes. I recently turned a baseball bat for my 1 year old grandson. Something to hang on his wall for now but hopefully someday he can use. I attended the Florida Symposium earlier this year and more recently Georgia Woodturning symposium a few weeks ago and found the seminars very informative. I'm looking forward to learning more as a member of the AAW and hope to contibute in the future.

Back