• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Jet 1236 bearings - free

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a set of spindle bearings from my old, blue Jet 1236 lathe. Several years ago, the spindle itself needed to be replaced (scarred inside) and I thought it best to go ahead and replace the bearings, given all the trouble it is to take the thing apart. Friends from the local chapter did the work, told me I was silly to replace the bearings -- that they were "just fine" -- but I asked them to just put the new parts in. Upshot is, I still have the original bearings. All I ask is that you pay shipping, around $8 USPS flat rate [and not turn around and sell them on eBay:( ] Included if you want it is the rod in the photo, which I'm pretty sure it belonged to that lathe,

Jet 1236 bearings Rdx.jpg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back