• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

John Nichols Lathe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Website
kendorart.com
USA-Made; John Nichols Lathe custom built for the serious turner with unlimited possibilities. I am the original owner that turned only for pleasure. John Nichols had custom-made accessories that met my many demands of sound and solid designed materials. John’s lathe is brawny yet refined and powerful enough for enormous platters, hollow forms, and precision small intricate work. This lathe is not a traditional permanent long, massive bed spindly lathe; Nichol’s bed telescopes. Yet, it can outperform in length and stability due to its ridge solid engineering and design. There is an attached crane to lift the heaviest chunk of wood with ease and effortlessly by one person. The Nichols Lathe is one of the most respected excellent lathes on the market today if you can find one. Nichol’s lathe is probably the least restricted turning system available. A bed that you can work from either side without interruptions. BEST OFFER OVER $4,000.00, please call or email for many additional photos.

Contact: 401-374-7400, Email: fishnken@gmail.com Thank You, KenD

• Both front /back or side beds adaption for turning large bowls/platters.
  • Two Massive Adjustable tool rest placing it anywhere you want them to be.
  • LEESON DC Permanent Magnet Motor: 2 HP, 1,750 RPM ($2,050.00)
  • Multiple pulley configurations for varying speeds for multiple controlled speeds
  • Free stand Variable speed regulator; On/Off safety switch
  • Three-point alignment tailstocks to center drive
  • 1.5 “threaded spindle on USA block bearing replaceable (if ever needed).
  • Two adjustable off-center or block mounting face plates, 10” and 12”
  • Three fixed face plates, two 6” and one 2.5”
  • Two driving live center points, one free running on tail stock, one four-point knife driving center.
  • Two live/free #2 morse tapered centers
  • Two small rod rest, One 17” inside bowl curve rest
  • Short Boring Tool Rest, with 36” boring tool and cutting/scrapping heads.
  • Double tandem sliding tool rest for long boring to rest with three boring tools and cutting articulating heads.
  • Three steel custom-made calipers from 2 feet to 4 feet inside positioning.
  • Side mounting tool rest
  • Extra tool bed extenders
  • Custom wide 21” five-point wheel centering steady rest
  • Custom two-wheel steady rest
  • Four leveling jacks for long-length extend beds.
  • Crane Lift /Log Jaw Set
1a. Profile Main.jpg10: Adjustaable :Off Center Face Plate.jpg5. Four Tool Rest, One 15” S-curve .jpg1. Nichols Lathe Profile.jpg

Last edited:
Funny thing happened at the Florida Woodturning Symposium Feb. 4. My friend Barry told me he was eyeing this Nichols lathe in Tarpon Springs. I told my friend Nick from our club that Barry might have a lathe he wants to get rid of, and that he should talk to him.
Next thing you know, Barry told Nick about your lathe, Ken, and suggest he call you. Then Nick did the rest. This makes six Nichols lathes in Central Florida, including mine. We all love them. These are part of US woodturning history. Maybe we can start a franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back