• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Bradner Bond for "Power Carved Figured Walnut Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 11, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

July 2022 Turning Challenge: Final Results

It’s time to vote for your favorite MLB reject baseball

• Bernie Hrytzak

Votes: 31 58.5%
  • Dwight McCleery

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Victor Otneichenko

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Walter Wager

Votes: 13 24.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
In tribute to the MLB All-Star Game earlier this month, the July 2022 challenge was to turn a baseball, but not an ordinary regulation MLB baseball. The challenge was to turn a baseball that for one reason or another would have been an MLB reject … a "different" kind of baseball guaranteed to be an MLB reject. The only restrictions on size were that it has to be large enough to be seen with the naked eye and small enough that it can be turned inside your workshop.

The challenge is now closed and it is time for forum members to vote. You are allowed one vote and once you have voted you won't be able to go back and change your vote. After you have voted you will be able to track the vote totals. The voting is secret (just like a real election) so nobody other than you can see who you voted for (not even the moderators/administrators). The voting begins now and ends at midnight UTC (8 PM EDT, 7 PM CDT, 6 PM MDT, 5 PM PDT, AND 2 PM HST) on July 31. In case of a tie vote, the forum moderators will gather in a virtual smoke-filled room to sort out the winner.

You can click on any of the images below to see the original post with the full-size images

CA8F6C6C-D896-43E6-B0AE-995B4E15A16F.jpegWWWW1C70CD57-E9FD-4C11-9F38-9F2C3B1F801D.jpeg

B5B0BC66-F95D-4469-B795-492B99F7BD99.jpegWWWW5AEE43A1-5289-41CA-AE3B-D4596167C554.jpeg

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
Voting has ended for the July turning challenge. Congratulations to Bernie Hrytzak whose baseball scored a home run. Thanks to Dwight, Victor, and Walter for participating in the July challenge, and thanks to all of the forum members who participated by voting.

Thanks to everyone for voting, I believe 53 total votes is the most I have seen for these challenges.
Dwight, Victor, and Walter certainly made the competition more interesting.
Thanks to those that made it possible for me to score that 'homerun" Bill mentioned above.

Thanks to everyone for voting, I believe 53 total votes is the most I have seen for these challenges.
Thanks to those that made it possible for me to score that 'homerun" Bill mentioned above.
Ha! creative and well done Bernie. Congrat's

Emiliano Achaval

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
hawaiiankoaturner.com
Outstanding piece. Incredible original. Congratulations!!

Back