• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Keith Hamill

Hello everyone,

Just recently retired. I've always wanted to get into this craft and finally took the plunge. I started out turning pens and other small objects using a 1/4 HP variable speed offshore mini lathe.

About a month ago I stepped up to a 1 HP Rikon midi lathe. What a difference! I'm now learning as much as I can about turning small bowls and cups and plan to slowly get started in that area.

Most of the pens and key chains I've turned have been given to family and friends. A few have been sold.

I'll take some pictures of the ones I still have. For now I just have a couple of old photos. One is my glue up of a herringbone blank. The other is a Sierra pen with black palm wood.20210512_094730.jpgSierra2.jpgSierra3.jpg

Back