• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Keith Mosley

A not so newby turner.
I have been turning for around six years here in the UK.
Started when I helped clear my son-in-law's, father's workshop.
We knew he made wonderful rocking horses, what we didn't know was that he also turned wood.
He had a Turnstyler Lathe - quite old but quite advanced for its time.
Solid lathe which served me well for about four years until I upgraded to something with a little more room over the bed.

Been a little while since I turned much as I have a Dunkirk Little Ship I am restoring. She went to Dunkirk in 1940 to help evacuate British and French troops.

Watched the virtual seminar and loved it.
Was hoping to get to Chattanooga this year but now looks doubtful, maybe next year.
Member of three Woodturning Clubs here in the UK. Helped one club set up one of the first IRDs here in the UK to watch Cindy Drozda.
Watched a lot of the WIT presentations by AAW - loved the explanations of how people started and their approach to design, etc.

Love challenging projects. Fascinated by the things folks like Mike Hoseluk, Michael Foster and Alain Mailland do.

Looking forward to learning more through the forum.

Cheers

Keith

Back