• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Kevin McAlister

Hi
I thought I would introduce myself. My Name is Kevin and I am currently on a 60 day guest membership of the AAW. Having a look around to see why it’s all about.

I live in the North East of United Kingdom.

I am a novice and hobby turner having started turning three years ago. (2018) I don’t class myself as an expert by any means but enjoying learning and playing.

I have been taking Professional tuning tuition which I think was the right thing to do.

I am liking mixing Woodturning with other media and would be happy to show some of my trial pieces.

I am looking forward to seeing what this organisation has to offer with a view to joining properly ...

Thanks for taking the time to read
Kevin

C1457259-C8F7-4223-8770-9CDF51C8226C.jpeg

Last edited:

hockenbery

Forum MVP
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
www.hockenberywoodturning.com
Welcome to the forum. Nice looking piece.
You might consider signing up for the virtual symposium.
Timing should work at 5-6+ hours. $20.20 US.
even if you just watch one demo a day it will be well worth the cost.

Back