• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Kris Eichstaedt

Hey all,

I haven't properly introduced myself since I joined the group. I live in Colorado and a wildfire has been making our lives interesting since July. Now, I'm ready to start getting more involved in the woodturning community and getting back on my lathe.

I'm Kris, 50, and I've been turning pens as a hobby for about 10 years. I started off with highly figured wood pens sanded to 12,000 grit and finished with friction polish and various fittings. Now I'm advancing to making pens with resin inlays, as well as, hybrids made from resin and burls, then sealed and finished with cyanoacrylate. I'm also learning to turn bowls.

I joined AAW to learn new techniques, old techniques, common techniques and to meet others bitten by the woodturning bug.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum Kris. Pens is how I started out turning also and like Al Hockenbery said there are so many types of materials that you can make a pen with. Happy turning.

Back