• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Large McNaughton Center Saver

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a large McNaughton Center Saver for sale. I purchased in January for $379, asking $250 + freight. The large system includes one straight and two incurved cutters for cores ranging from 10" to 24". The straight cutters are also suitable for freehand parting. I sharpened one of the curved blades flat as pictured. You can call me at 608 852 50461669999162871.png1669999210387.png

Last edited:
Glenn, I have a few suggestions for your posting. Potential buyers will want to know where you're located, so they can figure postage to them. They will also want to know what lathe the post will fit. Lastly, it looks like the top edge of the hardened metal may have been ground or honed. If so, a potential buyer may be worried about how much of that hardened metal is still there, and a close up, side view of the knives may reassure them.

I live in Boscobel WI. It has a 1 in post that I use on an American Beauty Robust lathe. The top of the cutter has not been ground only from the leading edge and unfortunately I can't provide another picture because I just had surgery and the person who helped me post this is out of town. Thanks for your pointers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back