• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Leslie Struthers

Hey all, Ive been a member of AAW for years but havent' posted in the forums for years. I've been turning for 23ish years off and on. I've shown and sold at art festivals and taught privately and at Woodcraft of Pittsburgh, which brought my turning journey full circle as I too my first turning class at Woodcraft. I love turning bowls. I am currently retired, my last job was Assistant Manager at Woodcraft of Pittsburgh. While there I learned so much about all kinds of woodworking and have expanded out of only turning. For 2023, I have decided to finish (or burn) all the projects taking up space in my 8 x 10 ft shop. So far I have made huge in roads. Making room for all the new projects!

Howdy and welcome back from Texas. Looking forward to seeing some of your work.

Back