• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Liz Donati

Hi! I've been turning off and on for about 10 years or so. Lately I'm really trying to have it be more "on" than "off" - especially since I retired a few years ago. So I'm spending more time at the lathe and working on improving my skills - making things just to practice (as opposed to trying to rush to make a present for someone), taking lessons from an experienced turner, etc. Most of what I've turned to date are small bowls, lidded boxes, and some small gift items (tis the season). I'm looking forward to getting some great ideas and inspiration from this group.

Outside of turning, I enjoy doing things outdoors - hiking and skiing in particular. I also like to cook and spend time studying Italian (just in case). As for a favorite ice cream - who can pick just one?

Liz fall 2018.jpg

Michael Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
TOTW Team
Hi Liz! Welcome to the forum—congrats on jumping into the challenge. It’s such a fun way to familiarize yourself with everyone’s work.

That’s a pretty background in your photo—where was it taken? (If you don’t mind me asking)

Hi Liz! Welcome to the forum—congrats on jumping into the challenge. It’s such a fun way to familiarize yourself with everyone’s work.

That’s a pretty background in your photo—where was it taken? (If you don’t mind me asking)
It was taken in the Adirondack mountains. Don't remember exactly where, but somewhere close to Long Lake. We've got a little cabin up there.

Howdy and welcome from Texas.

Liz, welcome! We had a camp in North River. Finally made the tough decision to sell right before Covid, as the drive from Baltimore was getting to be just a bit much for long weekends. But we love that area more than anywhere else. Enjoy your retirement!
Lou

Back