• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Looking for turners in Shasta county ca

I haven't been able to find any groups that aren't a 2-3 hour drive from where I live. I know there are turners here (Lower shingletown Ca), but other than a group of folks that mostly meet in the Chico/Paradise Ca area; I have found no one. It's getting boring around here! The only AAW is in the Sacramento area, which is even farther.
Maybe I should start a small group......although I'm quite sure that is a bunch of work.

You could call the AAW home office in Minneapolis, and speak with someone on the subject of starting a new AAW chapter. They couldgive you specifics, and let you know about the chapter insurance, etc. The big thing is to have a place to meet, and if you are willing to have a few folks over, that location could be your garage or shop.

Dennis J Gooding

Beta Tester
Beta Tester
We have a club, Southern Oregon Woodturners in Grants Pass, OR. Lately, the meetings have been hit miss because of Covid. For more info, contact Tim Eibert at 541-261-7644 cell.

On the AAW home web page, there is a choice of "Chapters". When you hover or click there, a menu drops down and the second choice is "Start a Chapter." I bet almost every chapter started from the same point you're at. They don't all have to have 100 members or 6 pro turners. Good luck.

I thought Redding had a club, but that might have been a while ago. Grass Valley had a club as well, but that is still a couple of hours from you.

robo hippy

Back