• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Lou Currier

Hey everyone, I finally registered for the AAW forum. I have been a woodturner since 2015. I started out with pens but now turn almost everything I can. I am a member and President of the Peace River Woodturners in Charlotte County, FL. I am also the President for the Board of the SWFL Wood Art Exposition and Competition held every January in Punta Gorda, FL.

I not only hope to glean a lot of information from this forum but also add to it as well.

Included a few pictures, one is the urn I turned for my dad and the other is an ornament I turned for a club demonstration.

IMG_0415.JPG

IMG_2579.jpg

Website
www.reallyruralwoodworks.com
Welcome to the forums! Nice pieces. (And, BTW, if your post #2 above was sarcasm - hard to tell tone of voice in print - bear in mind it can take several days before folks start popping in and welcoming you, and there have been belated welcomes from others as much as 3 or 4 months later!)

Back