• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Louisville

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
I will be there on Saturday afternoon. I'm teaching at the folkschool and won't get home until late Friday. Gonna leave for Louisville with a car load of guys Saturday morning.

I'm headed there, too. This'll be my first time, so I'm very much looking forward to it.

My first one (St Paul) was a real eye-opener. Even the 2nd (Pittsburgh) blew me away. I'm really looking forward to it as well. The instant gallery is stunning, the vendors are awesome, and the information gathered is a little overwhelming. It's a blast, but it can be exhausting. I'm really happy that we'll have access to the recorded sessions for a while after.

Thankful for all the helpers at the Symposium. Check out the Raffle this year. Very nice piece of equipment.

I’m going. When can you check in? I’d like to check in Thursday, but haven’t found times. I’m not a first time attendee.
I’m going. When can you check in? I’d like to check in Thursday, but haven’t found times. I’m not a first time attendee.
I know that check in will be open on Thursday at 1:00pm as I work that table and that time. I did not find anything else.

I was able to attend two of these symposia in St. Paul years ago, and a virtual one during Covid. I had planned to attend this one in KY since it's not too far away and I'd get the opportunity to meet some that I've interacted with over the internet, but other things got in the way. I did just sign up for the virtual again and am looking forward to it...albeit without the opportunity to put some names and faces together :(

FYI - my wife thought I'd be saving money by not attending live since I won't get to go to the trade show, but I've already blown my AAW symposium trade budget on a couple gouges and a chuck from a neighbor as well as some cutters from AZ Carbide last week (he offered the trade show discount without my asking :)

Currently chilling at my grand daughters near Chattanooga and enjoying the great grand kids. Diving up to Louisville tomorrow morning. Looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible!

Donna Banfield

TOTW Team
It was great meeting a bunch of turners on this forum. Met Michael Anderson, Rusty Nesmith - although nearly missed the opportunity because the registered name for the symposium isn't the same name used here. Michael still owes me a beer, so that means he has to be in Portland, OR next year. :)

Back