• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Mallet

Website
www.lumberjocks.com
Rich, now that I look at it I probably need to make the head a little smaller in length but hey it's threaded on. I did turn some firewood today a Hawthorne branch with thorns removed. It has been drying in my shop for quite a while. I first used the PSI Benjamine Gouge, then my big D-Way. Love the D-Way one of my first firewood turnings.Hawthorne Branch.jpg

RichColvin

Super Moderator
Staff member
OTI Member
Website
www.colvintools.com
Gary,

I think it looks like a tool which is very useful.

Rich

I have been accused of being 'different'. For me, I turned maybe 3 or 4 spindles and dove straight into bowls. Still my favorite. Main thing is to have fun, which it looks like you are doing. Find a near by mentor. Makes the experience a lot more fun!

robo hippy

Website
www.lumberjocks.com
I have been accused of being 'different'. For me, I turned maybe 3 or 4 spindles and dove straight into bowls. Still my favorite. Main thing is to have fun, which it looks like you are doing. Find a near by mentor. Makes the experience a lot more fun!

robo hippy
I'm looking for the mentor, a few clubs are nearby the close one is Zoom only for a while.

Apparently I missed the Mallet turning for October but here is mine. I made this for a friend for Christmas who makes furniture and only cuts the dovetails with a saw and a chisel. He was using a plastic hammer previously. There is one minor problem - his wife won't let him take it out of the house to work in the shop. She wants it on display in her curio cabinet! 1643669042362.jpeg

Back