• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Marlin Adams

I learned woodworking from my dad at the age of six when I help him around the shop. Over the years I had various jobs and a few in woodworking from building cabinets to restoring antiques and building antique replicas and repair of said antiques. Plus I had other jobs especially IT as my last building , maintaining servers and networks. I had a stroke Jan 2014 and never fully recovered and now on disability so got back into woodworking as a hobby since I can do things at my slow pace :).

I have a 10'x16' area I call my shop. I have a benchtop Rigid R4516, build my own router table, bought a 13" planer and have a few odds and ends tools and looking to purchase a jointer, benchtop lathe and a larger drillpress and bandsaw.

I am looking to really get into turning again since it has been over 35 years since I touched a lathe so I been researching benchtop lathes and really looking hard at the NOVAs brand lathes because of the good reviews and the add on accessories.

I live in Rockwall Tx with my family.

hockenbery

Forum MVP
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
www.hockenberywoodturning.com
Welcome to the forum.
Texas has a strong woodturning community with many AAW chapters.
The chapters in Plano and Greenville are close to Rockwall.

Chapters members often have lathes for sale and the may have mentors and classes to refresh those 35 year old skills.

Welcome aboard, Marlin. If you ever get over to the west side of the metroplex, drop in and visit the Woodturners of North Texas. We meet on the last Thursday of the month at 6:30 pm.
Well have to check with the wife :) I had a stroke Jan 2014 and not able to drive safely nowdays but able to do other things if I go at a slow pace. That is why I am getting into a little woodworking and going at my own slow pace at it :).

Back