• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Marvin Cohen

Howdy and welcome from Texas!

Tom Gall

TOTW Team
Son of a gun! ..... if it isn't Maur....er, Marvin! :) Welcome to the forum my friend.
I've been meaning to call you for several months now. Maybe I'll do it right now.
Some great pieces you've shown above. Is that "space ship" item floating (magnets)? .... or just a photo setup?

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
Welcome aboard, Marvin. Reading between the lines, I gather that your work speaks for itself.

Son of a gun! ..... if it isn't Maur....er, Marvin! :) Welcome to the forum my friend.
I've been meaning to call you for several months now. Maybe I'll do it right now.
Some great pieces you've shown above. Is that "space ship" item floating (magnets)? .... or just a photo setup?

There was a recent article in American Woodturner on using an active control system to levitate and stabilize an object.

Tom Gall

TOTW Team
Welcome aboard, Marvin. Reading between the lines, I gather that your work speaks for itself.

There was a recent article in American Woodturner on using an active control system to levitate and stabilize an object.
Called Marvin right after I posted my comment. He said that AAW article was the reason he gave it a go. He said he would
send me a short video of his piece but haven't gotten it as yet.

Back