• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Membership renewal; receipt or at least email confirmation?

When I renew membership online shouldn't I get a receipt or at least an email confirmation? Or did I miss something?

When I renew membership online shouldn't I get a receipt or at least an email confirmation? Or did I miss something?

Hi Jim, it's always best to ask directly. Send an email to: jane@woodturner.org. She will make sure your membership renewal actually happened.

You should, though, receive an acknowledgement.

My personal "thank you" for renewing your membership!

Betty Scarpino, editor, American Woodturner

Many online payment websites give us the option of printing the receipt, and also send a confirmation email. Would you consider this a request for the AAW, and pass it to those who make such decisions?
And thank YOU for making the journal happen! I look forward to another year of news and articles.

Underdog,
If you logon to members area you can click on your account and print that page if you like. There is also a place to click to print a membership card.
Jack Brown

John,

I'm not seeing a page to print where it showed the date, amount, and method of payment typical of a receipt.

Am I missing something, or is that information really there?

Jim

Doesn't show that info, just member status. To print do a print command and print preview shows what will print.
Jack

hockenbery

Forum MVP
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
www.hockenberywoodturning.com
John, I'm not seeing a page to print where it showed the date, amount, and method of payment typical of a receipt. Am I missing something, or is that information really there? Jim

Jim , Was the AAW office able to help?

Maybe you can provide a service to the AAW.
The web site is under revision. Be a most appropriate time to discuss your issue with Linda or Jane.
To be sure they include an appropriate receipt in the new roll out.

I don't know the current status of the electronic system but unless it has been updated from a few years ago it may require some manual entry by the AAW staff.

Regards, Al

Many online payment websites give us the option of printing the receipt, and also send a confirmation email. Would you consider this a request for the AAW, and pass it to those who make such decisions?
And thank YOU for making the journal happen! I look forward to another year of news and articles.

Jim, I am a contract worker and live in Indianapolis. AAW's home office is in St. Paul. A request from someone other than me will be more seriously considered. Click on this email link and ask Jane: jane@woodturner.org

Or call: 651-484-9094 and ask for Jane or Linda. Both are very helpful and responsive.

Thank you for your kind words about the journal. I have enjoyed editing American Woodturner for the past five-plus years!

Betty Scarpino, Editor, American Woodturner

I emailed Jane about making sure my membership went through, but have not heard back.
The website shows me enrolled for the year of 2014.

I have not emailed Jane about the receipt business though. Perhaps a follow up is in order...

Whoops! I lied. Jane emailed me back this morning. I just had not checked my email til just now. I'll respond with the receipt request.

Website
www.gulfcoastwoodturners.org
No Receipt Required

Underdog - I don't get this whole receipt/confirmation issue. The Member Account section of the Member area of the web site shows "membership is current through" date. And you can print a Membership Card that shows "current membership." Either of these should be sufficient confirmation that AAW has received membership payment. A receipt and/or e-mail from AAW would duplicate data already available on web site. Additionally, your bank or credit card financial institution will no doubt provide you with a record of the transaction. So, what more do you need?

I would rather have AAW web site folks spend time on needed web site improvements than waste (my opinion) time providing members with any sort of receipt or e-mail confirmation for membership renewal.

Am I missing something here? - John

John,
When you have a business and you claim expenses it is nice to have a receipt. I do not believe that is too much to ask of the AAW to send an email receipt with the amount paid.
Bill

Back