• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Michael Ascenzi

Hello,

My names Michael, from the New England area. I've been wood working for the past couple years. Most of my projects have all revolved around two things. Larger projects such as sheds, dog houses, roof repairs, etc. You know things that are boarder line "Wood Working", and smaller projects such as step stools for my son, Shop fixtures for holding tools, Router table build, flip top carts for tools, etc. Again not the most exciting projects, but its making my space much more usable. Getting ready to pull the trigger on a Lathe and had some questions so I figured I should join a forum. I've done some turning in some classes at Rockler. Really enjoy it and looking forward to a number of projects to come.

Well Hello.

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
Welcome aboard, Michael. Joining a woodturning club would be a very good way to jump start your turning journey. The one closest to you meets at the Woodcraft store in Woburn on the third Thursday of the month. Currently, most clubs have suspended meetings due to the Corona virus.

Emiliano Achaval

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
hawaiiankoaturner.com
Hello,

My names Michael, from the New England area. I've been wood working for the past couple years. Most of my projects have all revolved around two things. Larger projects such as sheds, dog houses, roof repairs, etc. You know things that are boarder line "Wood Working", and smaller projects such as step stools for my son, Shop fixtures for holding tools, Router table build, flip top carts for tools, etc. Again not the most exciting projects, but its making my space much more usable. Getting ready to pull the trigger on a Lathe and had some questions so I figured I should join a forum. I've done some turning in some classes at Rockler. Really enjoy it and looking forward to a number of projects to come.

Well Hello.
Welcome to the forum!

Mark Hepburn

Artist & Chef
Welcome Michael! I hope you enjoy the forum. Tons of experience and knowledge here to help you on your way. I know it certainly helped me in all aspects of my trip down the turning vortex. :)

Welcome aboard, Michael. Joining a woodturning club would be a very good way to jump start your turning journey. The one closest to you meets at the Woodcraft store in Woburn on the third Thursday of the month. Currently, most clubs have suspended meetings due to the Corona virus.

Thanks, I'm familiar with the group that meets in Woburn. I would like to join once all this craziness is over and they start meeting up again. Its on my list of things to do..... ;)

Thanks everyone, glad to be here. Very excited to start picking up my own gear and get to turning on a regular basis.

Back