• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Michael Lemm

Had a whim one day, decided to try 'turning and see how it felt/stuck with some of my other hobbies/interests... so far, it's been fun & interesting and less impacted by weather/season than some of my others.
I've..built a charcoal forge, bought a propane one, do some... concrete/tufa pots and yard 'art' (including dug/lined a goldfish pond) and do some trapping during the season. Did the reef thing for a bit, and built a few acrylic sumps and the like. Ride an 05 FZ1 when the whim takes me and I'm not hopping tween Spring Tx & Vivian LA.

Spent the last year or so making these...hops helping a friend (slowly) fixc/remodel an old house built in the '40s. To that end, I've been moving most my tools back to Spring & ordered a Pm2014 that, at least in theory should be easier to fit/haul around than my wen3424 & it's extension & stand for something to do, when I don't have anything to do. :)

Website
www.instagram.com
Hello Michael,
You've got a nice variety of hobbies. I've just got the PM 2014 and I love it. I got it because I like turning out on my deck (better light and better ventilation). Its quick and easy to move and does most of what I want it to do. It was backordered when I bought it in Feb and it was delivered in March. The bed extension just showed up in the first week of July (five months). Welcome to AAW and looking forward to seeing your work.
Al

Got my fingers crossed that won't be too long a wait... Vendor claims be rdy for pickup on 7-12, though not seeing how as order hasn't moved from prep yet, and any other sites say 5-7, 7-10 or heck one said 15-20 business days before shipping.

Back