• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Mike Hansen

Good evening all. I’ve come to the AAW in search of knowledge, friendship and joy. I purchased my first lathe in 2018 and instantly fell in love. Turning is an important creative outlet for me and it become an important part of my life. In 2012, after 30+ years of playing guitar, I lost the ability to play due to arthritis (at 49). The next 5 1/2 years were pretty rough and depression creeped in. “Playing the lathe” has brought back creativity and art back into my life and it has been a lifesaver.

I am a retiring farmer and firing up an artisan woodworking business called Heritage LogCraft. I run a sawmill and salvage urban wood and rely on a son who is a forester to help me find unusual and figured wood.

We will shortly be leaving our farm and homesteading to a log cabin we’ll be building ourselves in northern Wisconsin.

Looking forward to whatever future the good lord allows.837E0C64-F4BE-4AC8-99D4-A0E8B0BFC54A.jpeg5B028887-C520-4573-A231-93BCBD464508.jpeg
9FD4304E-8F9A-4DE5-ABE0-CE4C2098CCCC.jpeg

Back