• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Mustard Monster Site Completed! (PM3520 Tips)

Lincoln Hills, CA (At the foot of the Sierra Nevad
Website
jerryhallstudio.com
It's done!

Since March of 2006 I have been plunking away at gathering and organizing PM3520 tips and links, and stashed them in the AAW tips forum. Soon it got long and hard to work with. So I set up a free Google web site:
http://mustardmonster.googlepages.com/

Take a look and give me some feedback. You might particularly enjoy reading Rude Osolnik's oral history and his seminal idea for the Powermatic sliding headstock lathe. There is also a video of Rude just before he passed away. It was nice for me to understand the wonderful heritage of this lathe and a bit about the turner behind it.

A new entry describes how to build your own remote switch listed under the "What's New" section.

I am worried that some of the links will slowly disappear, and hope to capture the photos and narratives of the best ideas and discussion and put them directly in the site pages. This is a risk particularly for personal web page links. Help on this would be appreciated.

Well done!

Thanks to you all of us who are proud owners of the 3520 will learn and share. Philip

This is an excellent resource. I don't have a 3520 just yet, but I hope to order one in the early part of next year (after I write the last check for the kid's tuition).

I'll bookmark this and refer back a lot.

Thank you for all the effort that you've put into this.

Back