• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Nate Ledford

Hello! I am looking forward to learning on this forum. I've been reading posts for a while and figured it was time to sign up. I have been woodworking for four or five years and turning for about two. Caught the turning bug in a big way. Started with a Jet 1224 and quickly moved up to a big Powermatic 3520. So far, I mostly have been turning bowls and not a lot of spindle turning. I am hoping to learn more about the tricky side of turning green wood and drying it properly and other ways of dealing with green wood. And of course, learn from the great turners on here. I've learned so much and also learned that you can never stop learning in this pursuit. A few of my recent projects!

number1.jpg

number2.jpg

number3.jpg

number4.jpg

number5.jpg

number6.jpg

number7.jpg

Emiliano Achaval

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
hawaiiankoaturner.com
Hello! I am looking forward to learning on this forum. Been reading posts for a while and figured it was time to sign up. I have been wood working for 4 or 5 years and turning for about 2. Caught the turning bug in a big way. Started with a Jet 1224 and quicklyoved up to a big powermatic 3520. So far I mostly have been turning bowls and not a lot of spindle turning. Hoping to learn more about the tricky side of turning green wood and drying it properly and other ways of dealing with green wood. And of course learn from the great turners on here. I've learned so much, and also learned that you can never stop learning in this pursuit. A few of my recent projects!
View attachment 38797View attachment 38798View attachment 38799View attachment 38800View attachment 38801View attachment 38802View attachment 38803
For a beginner, you sure know how to chose the wood to turn! Some very nice pieces. Welcome to the forum!

Hello! I am looking forward to learning on this forum. Been reading posts for a while and figured it was time to sign up. I have been wood working for 4 or 5 years and turning for about 2. Caught the turning bug in a big way. Started with a Jet 1224 and quicklyoved up to a big powermatic 3520. So far I mostly have been turning bowls and not a lot of spindle turning. Hoping to learn more about the tricky side of turning green wood and drying it properly and other ways of dealing with green wood. And of course learn from the great turners on here. I've learned so much, and also learned that you can never stop learning in this pursuit. A few of my recent projects!
View attachment 38797View attachment 38798View attachment 38799View attachment 38800View attachment 38801View attachment 38802View attachment 38803
You have some wonderful timber there and have turned it ever so nicely. Well done.
I started on a delta mini after reading an article on getting into $500 aand liked it so much. Then I made the mistake of turning on a big lathe and bought my 3520 along with some Thompson tools and a few chucks. Have you looked for a turning club in your locale, if you find one go to a meeting. Iwas advised to do it and found the nicest people who love to teach newbies like me.

Back