• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Nathan Hemperly

Hello all, My name is Nathan Hemperly. I live in Pocatello Idaho and have been turning wood since 1979. I have been an artist my whole life with my last artist job in nuclear research. Lots of stress and so woodturning was my release. I really enjoy all form of turning from bowls to wall and free standing sculpture. Always learning something new. I like natural wood art as well as dyed, carved, inlayed etc. I've been selling my wood art since the early 80's. My company is Marnasi Studios, (marnasi.com) 29D (4).JPG 31C (4a).JPG Collecting the trees from southern Kansas out to Port Angeles WA. is a lot of work but very enjoyable. Nice to work with the wood from the ground up so to speak. I look forward to interacting with all of you and sharing ideas and fine art woodturnings.

Thank you Gerald, It will take a little bit for me to get use to using the forum. I can see that posting thumbnails may be the better way to go. I'm heading to a show in Omaha and so will get back on the forum when I return and learn to use the site better. Thank you for the welcome.

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
Welcome to the AAW forum, Nathan. Those are a couple beautiful pieces. I actually like large images, but they are best when sized so that the whole image fits within a maximized browser window on a typical size screen which I would guess to be about 1600 px wide by 1200 px high (that admittedly would be an old monitor) so maybe 1200 px wide and 1000 px high as a rough idea.

Mark Hepburn

Artist & Chef
Welcome Nathan. I have to second the others; you have some beautiful work there!

Mark

Back