• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Need a turning club in SW WA

Website
www.woodnheart.com
I have decided there is a need for a turning club in SW WA. I have been driving 1:15 to Lacey, WA to attend the Woodturners of Olympia club meetings. The Portland, OR clubs are closer but traffic is worse. So I am looking to form a club in Longview, WA to serve NW Ore and SW Washington. There are at least 8 turners in the area for a nucleus of talent. The only problem is finding an organized person the make it happen. Anyone who has seen my shop knows I am not the person for the job. Chaos is an understatement.

Non the less I will attempt to garner interest after returning from SWAT next month. Please contact me if you are interested in a Longview, WA turning club.

Dave Smith

Entropy poster boy in Longview, WA.

Back