• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

New chapter forming

WOOD TURNING CLUB

There seems to be a great need for a local woodturning club. Our very first meeting will be Tuesday, October 2nd. We will meet the first and third Tuesday at 6pm. Anyone who is interested in learning, teaching, or sharing information or techniques in woodturning is welcome to be a part of our woodturning group. All members will be a member of the American Association of Woodturners.

Meeting Location: 182 Curtis James Rd. (formerly Tower Rd.) Near GA 18 and Upper River Rd. in Jones County. Approximately 10 miles from Macon, 10 miles from Gray and 18 miles from Forsyth in the 31032 zip code.

Directions: From US 129 and GA 18 West, go 6.6 miles on GA 18 to Upper River Rd. Turn left. Go one-half mile to Curtis James Rd. Turn left. Go 4/10ths of a mile to the second house on the left. The shop is in the back. OR from US 23/ GA 87 and GA 18 go East on GA 18 for 6.5 miles, just past the 5 mile marker, to Upper River Rd. Turn right on Upper River Rd. Go one-half mile to Curtis James Rd. Turn left. Go 4/10ths of a mile to the second house on the left. The shop is in the back.

Contact: Terry Smith at 478-972-3111. E-mail: woodtsmith@yahoo.com

Last edited:
new woodturning club gray, Macon, Georgia

The location of the first meeting is at my shop. Directions are in my origonal posting. 10 miles from Macon, 10 miles from Gray and 18 miles from Forsyth. The zip code is 31032. Sorry for the lack of "general" area location. Thanks for the interest.

Thanks, Terry. Google doesn't yet know about Curtis James Rd (newly renamed?). Tower Rd works better. I didn't try the other mappers. A bit distant for me, but sure to get some interest in the neighborhood.

Best regards.

Joe

Yes, Joe. Actually 80 miles

From Talahassee, FL, it would seem close to Atlanta, but it is actually not. Also yes, The county changed the name from Tower Rd to Curtis James Rd. about three months ago. Guess I'll see you when the AAW has a SOUTHEASTERN symposium. Maybe Atlanta, Savannah, Tallahassee, or Jacksonville.

Back