• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

November Turning Challenge (voting final results)

Vote for your favorite snow people

• Art Betke

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bernie Hrytzak

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Brian Gustin

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Bruce Kerns

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Gerald Lawrence

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Jason Goodrich

• Michael Nathal

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Pamela Bozkurt

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Paul Hulbert

• Randy Polisky

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sebastian Montagano

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Thomas Baker

• William Rogers

Votes: 8 17.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
The November Turning Challenge was to turn one or more snow people, snow beings, snowmen, show women, and/or snow kids. Now it is time for forum members to vote. The voting starts now and ends at midnight UTC on November 30. You are allowed one vote and once you have voted you won't be able to go back and change your vote. After you have voted you will be able to track the vote totals. The voting is secret so nobody other than you can see who you voted for (not even the moderators/administrators). And, as always, in case of a tie vote, the forum moderators will gather in a virtual smoke-filled room to sort out the winner.

Click on any of the images below to see the original post with the full-size image.

Art Betke.jpgXXXBernie Hrytzak.jpg

Brian Gustin.jpgXXXBruce Kerns.jpg

Gerald Lawrence.jpgXXXJason Goodrich.jpg

Michael Nathal.jpgXXXPamela Bozkurt.jpg

Paul Hulbert.jpgXXXRandy Polisky.jpg

Sebastian Montagano.jpgXXXThomas Baker.jpg

William Rogers.jpg

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
The poll is now closed. Congratulations to the winner, Bernie Hrytzak, for his very clever tiny snowmen tree ornaments. I was very pleasantly surprised at the variety and innovation. It certainly gave me a lot of new ideas for Christmas decorations. So, thank you to everybody who entered the competition and also thanks to all of the forum members who voted for their favorite entry.

The poll is now closed. Congratulations to the winner, Bernie Hrytzak, for his very clever tiny snowmen tree ornaments. I was very pleasantly surprised at the variety and innovation. It certainly gave me a lot of new ideas for Christmas decorations. So, thank you to everybody who entered the competition and also thanks to all of the forum members who voted for their favorite entry.
Thanks everyone for viewing and voting for my ornaments. The themed challenges encourage me to be more innovative in my shop. These pieces are for sale in an art gallery locally, I just told the curator yesterday that the ornaments should now really "fly off the display"!
Kudos to all who participated.

Back