• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

o b shine juice

Website
www.woodtreasuresbybreck.com
When polishing resin and wood turnings is there a polishing compound that has proven to work better than say Yorkshire grit. I read where when using OB shine juice after using Yorkshire grit a mild cloudiness can develop that shows fingerprints. Any experience with creating that stunning high gloss finish I really would love to learn before having to try various things that may or may not work.

Last edited:
Breck, I have done a few boxes and bowls with Alumilite resin, wood or pine cones etc. I used EEE-Ultra Shine and Shellawax. Buffed up the finish was beautiful.

Attachments

• Red & Burl Bowl Pic1.jpg
    Red & Burl Bowl Pic1.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Resin With Pine Cone pic 2.jpg
    Resin With Pine Cone pic 2.jpg
    322.3 KB · Views: 12
Back