• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Off Bed Turning???

Website
www.beyondbark.com
For those of us that turn pieces larger then our bed capicity what do you use for tool rests. my old lathe had 360 swival headstock and came with an off bed extension for the tool rest. My new JET 1642 does not and I turn segmented rings flat using 18" vicmarc jaws. since the lathe is on 16 i have to turn off bed to even get the jaws on. Now what does everyone use for a tool rest when off bed turning. I glanced at a seperate tool rest floor stand from jet but can not seem to find it on line and how much. or is there something better? Delta makes one also. Any help??

Back