• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Oneway Bowl Coring attachment for 2436 Oneway lathe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking for the above attachment for my new lathe. Lots of large Walnut logs to make into bowls and hate losing the centers. Anyone tired of having their coring attachment collect dust? Email to benbarclay@gci.net or call 907-240-1473. Thanks.

Anyone tired of having their coring attachment collect dust?

You'll get dust if you core dry blanks. Coring dry hardwoods takes a long time and is very little fun, IMHO. It involves more tip sharpening than actual coring and I rarely do it. On the other hand, coring green wood can be both fun and fairly quick. It won't produce dust. I usually get something like wet mush coming out and it's easily dealt with. The wet cuttings just pile up on the bed ways and I use a free hand to scoop and toss in the trash can without any interruption in coring. That's my two cents.

Website
jpseyfried.com
You'll get dust if you core dry blanks. Coring dry hardwoods takes a long time and is very little fun, IMHO. It involves more tip sharpening than actual coring and I rarely do it. On the other hand, coring green wood can be both fun and fairly quick. It won't produce dust. I usually get something like wet mush coming out and it's easily dealt with. The wet cuttings just pile up on the bed ways and I use a free hand to scoop and toss in the trash can without any interruption in coring. That's my two cents.
I'm pretty sure Ben's comment refers to someone who has a coring attachment that isn't being used, thus "collecting dust" as opposed to collecting dust when in use. That's my two cents. :D

Still looking for this item for use on my 2436 oneway lathe. thought I'd bump this site again before taking the hit on a new one --- anyone feeling like unloading that under used tool???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back