• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Oneway outboard setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Want to turn some really big pieces? Oneway extra large outboard setup 10 feet long, includes tailstock and riser, banjo with several toolrests, Clark steady rest and Clark deep hollowing bracket (no bars or clamping block). 47" center ht, 24" over bed. Designed to attach to a Oneway 24" swing lathe but could be adapted to other large lathes. Asking $2000 or best reasonable offer for the lot. 802 434 3438DSC_0989.JPGDSC_0990.JPGDSC_0991.JPGDSC_0992.JPG

Last edited:
This needs to go away. I am considering cutting it down but it would be a shame if there is someone out there with a burning desire to turn architectural columns or double bass voodoo drums. Make an offer or pass the word!

Where were you in 2016? Would have been great to have a set-up like you're showing before I did my extension for Planet Mesquite - no doubt it's more efficient to use and would have saved a few dollars and more than a few hours.
I've done limited "architectural" - never done a column or thought it through. Current focus is large hollow-forms for galleries, mostly mesquite and walnut - my "sweet spot" is easily met with my Oneway 2424.
Were I 20-years younger, we'd be negotiating freight - being able to hang that "once-in-a-lifetime-log" is a real high that I miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back