• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Parking a RV in Richmond

Hi all,
I'm driving a RV down to the Symposium in June. I'm starting to think I'm going to have trouble with parking it anywhere near the Convention Center. Does anyone know the layout there and if there is overnight parking in the city or close by enough for a taxi? Maybe even if there is overnight parking on the street? I would drive it in each morning from somewhere, but then where do I park it? Hummm? Is anyone else doing this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Joel

Website
www.ralphandellen.us
Joel
I don't know Richmond, haven't been there in 40+ years, but I make some good guesses.
They will not want you parking your rig on any city street, not for the night, not for the weekend. Cities really frown on that sort of thing.
WalMart has a policy of allowing overing-nighting, if allowed by local ordinance. But even they don't want you spending four nights there.

When I took the rig to Portland, I stayed at an RV campground I knew, I and about 10 more rigs there for the Symposium (the stream of trucks returning, all together, from the dinner was impressive).

If I was going to Richmond, I would ask about campgrounds on the Open Roads Forum at RV.net

TTFN
Ralph (still thinking about a Toy-Hauler so I can haul a lathe with me)

Back