• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Past American Woodturner magazines?

New turner here; looking for a collection of past American Woodturner magazines if anyone wants to part with them (I think I missed a set in the last week or so). Want to do more learning outside the shop.

Thanks!

New turner here; looking for a collection of past American Woodturner magazines if anyone wants to part with them (I think I missed a set in the last week or so). Want to do more learning outside the shop.

Thanks!
A friend passed away and left 20 years of woodturning magazines. For the cost of postage, I bet they could be yours. Let me know if you're interested. They'd be coming from Montana so probably flat rate boxes. There are also other woodturning magazines, though I don't know which ones. I won't be able to get after it for a week.

Thanks!
definitely interested with my thanks; whatever they are willing to share with a new turner.

Website
www.reallyruralwoodworks.com
If you are a AAW member, you can login to AAW and go to their magazines and read every single one since the AAW was formed.. along with the newer Fundamentals magazines too.. right up to current issue in PDF format.. I read every single one of them, myself, too. (From AAW Login, along the top- Resources-Publications-American Woodturner, or Woodturning FUNdamentals , whichever magazines you wish, then you can review back issues from the 1980's, 1990's, 2000's, 2010's and 2020's ) That is, if you just want the content (pdf's can be downloaded for your personal archives) .. But I must say, I do like the actual print media (and is one of the reasons I went full membership)

Josh,
I could fit 30 issues (5-7 years depending on the era) in a flat rate box for $22. If speed is not a concern, I could send the same as media mail for about $12.

The original American Woodturner magazine was black and white, and I'm guessing the color issues started about 12 years ago. That would mean possibly 2 boxes.

I don't remember seeing any of the black and white issues. IMHO, while they had helpful information, those would be just as useful online from the AAW.

So, are you up for 1 box, 2 boxes, or what, at these prices?

Dean

thanks Dean!!! Speed not an issue, will take whatever I can get (2 boxes is fine if you’re able). Happy to add a bit for gas/beer money.
Thank you so much!

Back