• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Pen Blank Question

Just out of idle curiosity, would anyone want a few (and I do mean a FEW) mesquite and Bois d'Arc (Osage Orange) pen blanks? They are not cut yet, but have a few small pieces that might yield a few pen blanks, and wondered if anyone would actually want them. Seems like the right size, roughly rip sawn, is about 1" square x 5" long. I know that it is absurd to try to save a few little bitty pieces of wood when so much big, nice wood gets bulldozed and burned every year.

Note: This is NOT an ad, just a question. Please do not PM me with "orders".

Colin,
I will try to find out how much it costs to send small package to you. The "shipping cost" may be more than the wood is worth.

Do you know if your country has any import restrictions or taxes on this sort of thing? I have read that these can be a problem in some parts of the world.

Beautiful work on your website. Can you convert your price ranges to US$? Am unfamiliar with spanish currency. Thanks.

Last edited:
Website
www.turnlinks.com
Richard

Flat rate mailer about 10-15 USD if I remember rightly. No problems with import restrictions I have had wood from both the US and Canada without problems. 1$ is currently 0.67 euros (or 1 euro is 1.48$) so something that I have priced at say 20 euros is roughly 30$. Let me know how you want to proceed. Thank you for the kind comments about my work.

Thanks

Back