• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Peter Stevenson

Good to join this forum. a brief history: Grew up in South-east England got into turning at age 15. Lived in Australia, Paraguay(south america), and NY doing some turning in all these places. I currently am teaching at private school in the Catskill mountains NY where I have set up a small turning shop for teaching the lads that are interested. Thanks to Covid I have had more time for turning but unfortunately haven't been able to do turning projects with the kids. I mostly turn NE bowls and square boxes. Looking forward to sharing some of my work and getting advice.
IMG_9644.JPG IMG_9639.JPG

Welcome! Seems like you have a interesting life with all the places you have lived. You are in a beautiful place in NY state. Most people think of NYC when you mention New York. Not aware of the beautiful land that starts about 100-150 miles north of the city. Used to live in Queens.

Back