• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Photo of the Day

Website
www.woodturner.org
The AAW homepage now shows the Photo of the Day. Push F5 while in that page to ensure your webbrowser refreshes the page.

The Photo of the Day will be chosen by one of the 3 moderators and refreshed daily. The photo is selected from the online photo gallery. I'll leave the current one up there until Tuesday, then it will be swapped daily.

Current photo is one of the first ones posted - from E. Bud Gillaspie.

I spent most of Saturday doing the programming. As a result no future programming is needed; a moderator will select a picture and enter the picture number thru a user interface. From there, the picture will appear on the homepage automagically. :cool2:

Many Thanks

Thank you Jeff, Chris, et al; I am both pleased and honored that you selected the "Flying Saucer" picture to be the first of, hopefully, many "photos of the day."

The quality of the pieces in the member's galleries is beyond compare; many of these exceed my abilities exponentially.

Website
www.woodturner.org
AAW homepage error

The homepage is experiencing an intermittent error which pops up a Cold Fusion Error message. To get around it just push F5 to force a refresh. The error is tied to the new "photo of the day" code. I am working to get this resolved asap. If it is not resolved by Tuesday, I'll temporarily disable the "photo of the day".

Website
www.woodturner.org
To view the "photo of the day" you may have to push F5 in your browser to force it to refresh the picture on the homepage. I just updated the picture of the day today, and it will updated each day this week around this time.

We have a small programming error that we are working, and as a result I'm having to manually edit the html each time we post. That aside, we'll keep putting up new photos each day. Since it's my week to do the photo, I'm favoring the folks who did some of the initial posts to the gallery to thank them as early adopters!

Website
www.woodturner.org
I'm sending a PM (private message) to respective folks who have one of their pics selected as photo of the day. To check your private messages, look at the text forum, then look in the upper right. There is a link so you can see how many you received and you can then access them. Some folks have their email in their profile and I'll email you if the email info is there.

Website
www.woodturner.org
homepage testing

I've modified the code which produces the "Photo of the Day" on the homepage. Please let me know if you encounter the "cold fusion" error. Some folks have not seen the error - for example, Chris Wright could not reproduce it at work or at home. So the error was intermittent and not always reproduceable. With the new code from today - I was not able to get an error - so this code should be good. Please send me email if you encounter the error to:

jjilg@sbcglobal.net

The new code behind the homepage is live as of now (12pm cst Sun 5/9).

Back