• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Playing with the camera.

I decided to test out the time-lapse feature, even though I've had the camera for years now. :cool2:

1 bowl in 38 seconds, about 2 minutes of real time = 1 second of video.
3.3 megs so slow connections beware.
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v430/pyrocasto/blah/?action=view&current=PICT0487b.flv
The wood is Cherry, and in the video you get to see my "homemade hollow turning handle". :p

Comments on video or turning technique welcomed. :)

Looks like my 46-204, even to the stand that came with it. Puzzled over the bracket behind the bed gap, though. Was that an alternative to the method of mounting that OSHA-mandated shield which we always had mounted, but out of the way at school? No bracket, just bolts through the flange on that.

What even made someone think that plastic was the way to provide a window on the lathe. Someone who never turned it on and began collecting dust with the static, obviously.

rbabbittjr said:
What? No chips.

Not near as many as I had hoped. This was dryer than I had expected, hardly had any good long chips, but yet turned very nicely. :)

DeanGThomas said:
I don't even mind watching you SAND at that speed! :rolleyes:
Something wrong with my sanding? :confused:

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
That was fun once I figured out how to download and play it. I'm not very computer literate. It's the first turning video I've watched where I didn't fall asleep.

Something wrong with my sanding? :confused:[/QUOTE]

No, it goes back to an old saying that goes something like " the only thing worse than sanding is watching someone sand" :D .

Very cool little video! Nice job. I love the 3 legs on the finished piece.

Back