• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

PM3520B Question

I have ordered a PM3520B sight unseen. It looked good on paper and the time had come, so I did it. I have downloaded the manual and am studying it so when it comes I'll be ready. I have one question - what country is it made in? This will be my 4th lathe in 10 months. I have to stop here.

CPeter

Website
www.marleyturned.com
Mine was made in Taiwan. It did have a paper on the crate that listed the country of origin and had both Taiwan and China listed with a check box under each. Either way, you will like it!
Larry

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
Mine was made in Taiwan. Years ago when I decided to upgrade my shop I decided I would order from USA companies. Delta, and Powermatic mostly. All but one of tools came drop shipped from taiwan. After that I started price shopping and not company shopping because they all came from Taiwan anyway. My Bandsaw, metal lathe, and many of my hand power tools came from the USA.
If I had the money I would by Robust. It's made in the USA.

Around New Hampshire, Oneway is the popular lathe for the high end buyers. they are very nice, but out of my price range.

CPeter

Website
turnedbygeorge.com
CPeter said:
Around New Hampshire, Oneway is the popular lathe for the high end buyers. they are very nice, but out of my price range.

CPeter

Our club has a Oneway. I am going to have to turn on it next month for a demonstration...
After watching several other guys tank (and complain) with it, and listening to it's drum-like resonating, I have no love for it. I am a "Mustard Monster" owner myself, looked long and hard before I spent my money, and I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER! It does everything I ask it to, and I haven't even added ballast yet to keep it from "walking."

I turn on a 3520 and love it. As for the color, I don't mind it at all. I think most everyone knows thats the only drawback with these machines, and they should never change it. It has become more of a statement or statice symbol. As soon as someone walks into my shop, they know from the color of my lathe, I have a well rounded turning program in place here. :cool2:

Only thing better

The only lathe that I think you would prefer would be the next size up...

Back