• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Powermatic 3520A For Sale ($3500, San Antonio, TX)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My email is scidmorec@gmail.com, lathe is located north of San Antonio in Spring Branch, TX, asking $3500.

I have a Powermatic 3520A for sale. My current job does not allow me nearly as much time to continue doing this as I previously was able to. The lathe is in great condition and the only issue I have found with it is the spindle lock collar was broken by the previous owner. When I purchased it I found the pieces laying inside the headstock. I haven't found this to be an issue because I don't over-tighten the chucks and they come off just by holding the hand wheel and turning the chuck with the key in. Anyway, I'm sure you could find a replacement part for it somewhere for like $20 but I didn't take the time because it didn't bother me (original pieces from headstock will be included). Outside of that the unit is great, I was able to turn some great pieces on it but like I said I haven't got the time anymore and its just sitting in my garage now. Buyers paying full asking price will have a Vicmarc VM120 chuck, 2x Nova G3 chucks, and other tools included.

Included hand tools in order from pictured left to right.
Ring Maker (Unknown)
Robert Sorby W410 Sandmaster
Robert Sorby B831052 Diamond HSS 3/16" Handled
Robert Sorby B842134 Bowl Gouge HSS ½" Long Handled
Robert Sorby RS130KT Midi Hollowmaster
Ray Key Design Gouge (Not sure the style of this)
Richard Raffan Round Nose Scraper
Robert Sorby B823132 Square HSS ½" Handled (Custom Handle)
Robert Sorby B801205 Bowl HSS 1" Handled (Custom Handle)
Robert Sorby B801305 Round Nose HSS 1" Handled (Custom Handle)
Crown Tools 241EPMW Pro-PM 3/8" Bowl Gouge, Ellsworth Grind
Robert Sorby B842F134 Fingernail Bowl Gouge (Deep Flue) HSS ½" Long Handled
Robert Sorby RS230KT Hollowmaster, x2
Robert Sorby B86306W Round Nose Scraper 1/4" (Custom Handle)
Robert Sorby B809253 Oval Skew HSS 1" Handled
Robert Sorby B801405 Round Nose HSS ½" Handled (Custom Handle)

HAGGLING PRICE WILL GET YOU JUST THE LATHE

Attachments

• IMG_1121.jpg
    IMG_1121.jpg
    504.2 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_1122.jpg
    IMG_1122.jpg
    438 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_1124.jpg
    IMG_1124.jpg
    593.3 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_1129.jpg