• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Randy Brunzlick

My name is Randy.

I am a purveyor of the finest in guinea pig bedding and designer firewood.

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. The Bay Area Woodturners is my local AAW chapter. I am inspired and intimidated by the wonderful turnings at show and tell and the great demonstrations provided by the chapter.

I turn outside on my patio next to the garage under a pop-up canopy.
My lathe is a Jet mini 1221VS on a Rikon stand. The lathe is modified to run forward or reverse. A few other gadgets were added to make things fit my preferences.
02.jpg IMG_4130.JPG
I have been turning long enough that I should be a lot better by now, doh!
I am an opportunist wood turner, generally turning FOG wood because I’m too cheap to pay for wood.
I am enjoying this forum. Thanks!

Found wood is the best wood. It has been slack around here for the last three weeks but I can usually find enough in just my neighborhood that I don't have to scrounge outside of it . Welcome to the forum.

Mark Hepburn

Artist & Chef
Welcome to the forum, Randy!

Welcome! My new neighbor has a tree service. Scored some hackberry and cherry recently. Contact tree services in the area. Good sources of wood.

hockenbery

Forum MVP
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
www.hockenberywoodturning.com
I have been turning long enough that I should be a lot better by now

I think we all feel that way from time to time, especially when we do do something poorly that we knew how to do better. As long as each piece comes off the lathe a little better than the one before, I feel good about it.

welcome!

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
Welcome aboard, Randy. I also turn outdoors which makes clean up easier than cleaning the garage. BTW, your lathe is a Jet 1014VS. I've owned a Jet 1014 fixed speed lathe for about fifteen years. It's a really nice portable lathe. I have mine mounted on a Harbor Freight hydraulic cart.

Back