• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Randy Maynard

Hi, I'm Randy. I'm retired from a high stress computer job and enjoying woodworking projects at home now. I recently began moving my wood shop from the basement to one of our larger garages so I can enjoy my hobby without fighting those nasty stairs! I've recently decided to go back to woodturning which I last did in junior High some 50+ years ago. I've settled on a Laguna Revo 1524 after deciding that the 1216 was just going to make me want more sooner rather than later. Glad to be finding a helpful group!

Mark Hepburn

Artist & Chef
Hi Randy and welcome to the Forum!

You'll find tons of help and helpful folks here. Laguna makes a nice lathe; you'll have years of happy turning with yours :)

Welcome! Lots of great people and a trainload of information. The library is a good source. BTW, I have had very few jobs that weren't high stress. I retired in September. 2009. Took three days to adjust. You will find you are busier now that when you were working.

Emiliano Achaval

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
hawaiiankoaturner.com
Hi, I'm Randy. I'm retired from a high stress computer job and enjoying woodworking projects at home now. I recently began moving my wood shop from the basement to one of our larger garages so I can enjoy my hobby without fighting those nasty stairs! I've recently decided to go back to woodturning which I last did in junior High some 50+ years ago. I've settled on a Laguna Revo 1524 after deciding that the 1216 was just going to make me want more sooner rather than later. Glad to be finding a helpful group!
Welcome to the forum! nothing better than some time on the lathe everyday, the best therapy.

Back