• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Resource Directory by request only, beginning in 2011

AAW is going green with the upcoming 2011 AAW Resource Directory. We are printing paper copies by request only. Note that virtually all of the information contained in the paper copy Resource Directory is also available on the main site. And, if you want a 2011 paper copy, you must renew your membership by 31 December, 2010. So be sure to check the box on your renewal (or new member sign-up) form if you want a 2011 Resource Directory mailed to you.

Last year when renewing I went for two years. Assuming that all would be the same for 2011. Now I might not get the hard copy?
I keep that in my truck all the time, using it when traveling. Never know when ya might brake down and need a place to lay down:D(couldn't find a sleepy):D. There are folks that list themselves as host willing to take in strange and different people:eek::D.
I want my hard copy!

IAN and Glen,

The St Paul office told me today that anyone who has already renewed (or joined as a new member) before this announcement was made (today), will be sent a paper copy of the 2011 Resource Directory. If you've already renewed, and would rather not receive the paper copy, please get in touch with the St Paul office - and save a tree.

Website
www.bowlturner.com
Hi Ed,

I would like to know who made the call on this? And why?

I know I can still get a hard copy if I request it, but for how long. I suspect it will be done away with within a couple of years. It is a valuable resource for me. I have used it very often in the past, and I am not always sitting at my computer.

Will this make my dues less per year? Is this really "Going Green" or just a money saving step...

Very sad to hear this is the way we are going. And I did make my feelings known on this to a sitting board member when it was first proposed. But it seems that many do not feel the same way I do.

Dave

Dave,

This was decided on at the last Board meeting, earlier this month.

It’s impossible to say exactly, but we do know that some members use the Resource Directory, and others do not. So it only makes since to make delivery of the paper copy an optional thing. Personally, I never use it, so delivery of a paper copy to me is a waste of our dues. Several other members have expressed the same feeling. In any event, as far as I know, there are no plans to discontinue the paper copy of the Resource Directory.

Back