• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Richard Elliott

It’s way past time to introduce myself. I’m a not quite retired farmer in central MO. I began turning on a 10” PowerKraft lathe 50+ years ago. I remember making quite a lot of shavings but only a couple of candle sticks and lamps to show for it.

After a decades long pause I’ve now gotten back into turning ( mostly bowls) for about five years now. I’ve made contact with a club but still looking forward to making to an in person meeting.

I have already gleaned a tremendous amount of helpful information by following the discussions. Thanks so much to all the experienced and talented turners who are willing to share their knowledge!

I hope to soon get to meet club members and hopefully have the opportunity to accelerate my learning with some personal guidance to better take advantage of my new-to-me “ real” lathe, a Jet 1642.

Welcome to the forum. I know exactly where your town is as we go to the lake twice a year. Used to live in KC so passed close by when we went down. Back in MS now so come from the South. Hope you have lots of fun with the club it is one of the best ways to learn next to hands on classes.

It’s way past time to introduce myself. I’m a not quite retired farmer in central MO. I began turning on a 10” PowerKraft lathe 50+ years ago. I remember making quite a lot of shavings but only a couple of candle sticks and lamps to show for it.

After a decades long pause I’ve now gotten back into turning ( mostly bowls) for about five years now. I’ve made contact with a club but still looking forward to making to an in person meeting.

I have already gleaned a tremendous amount of helpful information by following the discussions. Thanks so much to all the experienced and talented turners who are willing to share their knowledge!

I hope to soon get to meet club members and hopefully have the opportunity to accelerate my learning with some personal guidance to better take advantage of my new-to-me “ real” lathe, a Jet 1642.
Hello Richard.
Welcome
Dennis Elliott (Originally from the UK. now in SW Florida)

Welcome Richard. I live a bit over an hour south of you in Lebanon. I have a similar lathe Nova Galaxi 16x44, been turning ~ 10 yrs. I make bowls, HF’s, various lidded jars, some kit stuff. Come on down to see/discuss tools, accessories, methods, etc. You can send a pm if you want to visit.

Back