• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Richard Jackson

This is my 4th year of woodturning and I live in Hamilton, New Zealand.
I am now retired and regret that I only took up turning in my 70's
After many years of interest in woodcraft - creating kitchen utensils, chess boards and wooden boxes I decided to try my hand at woodturning and have been hooked ever since. I love experimenting and finding new challenges that test my abilities. The idea that woodturning can be both a physical discipline and an artistic rigour adds to its appeal.
My partner Ginny is an accomplished potter and often we combine our efforts.
Our website is woodnclay.com

Attachments

• WSP Richard.jpg
    WSP Richard.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 6
Welcome to the forum. From what I have seen, some of the countries around the world have some outstanding wood for turning- colors, grain, etc.

Mark Hepburn

Artist & Chef
Welcome to the forum, Richard! Your work is beautiful.

Back