• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Rick Moreton

Hi from southeast Pennsylvania! I've been turning off and on for about 5 years now. I am always up to try something new and challenging on the lathe, often pushing mine and it's limits. I've got the little dinky harbor freight mini lathe so it definitely has it's limits. One of these days soon I will spruce up the garage and make it ready for a bigger machine. Lately I have been enjoying the more sculptural side of woodworking instead of the functional.20230808_133538.jpg20230907_161720.jpg20230907_161738.jpg

Michael Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
TOTW Team
Howdy Rick, welcome from Chattanooga! I like those sculptural turnings. That multi whale you posted to the gallery is super cool!

Welcome Rick!
You’re about an hour and a half away from me. I pass by quite close to you on the Northeast Extension on my way to and from my mentor’s shop.

Back