• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Roger Durst

Hello my name is Roger and I am the Technical Supervisor at Craft Supplies USA and have been working here for a little over 13 years. I enjoy turning pens and other small projects and have experimented with some larger pieces. I am looking forward to picking up new techniques and learning from the forum. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
Welcome. I would love to know more about what you do. I have had excellent service from Craft supplies and would be glad to tap into your expertise. In exchange of course I will try to help where I can.

Welcome! I'm going to look at the website for your company. Always like to have good suppliers.

odie

TOTW Team
Panning for Montana gold, with Betsy, the mule!
Hello Roger........

I have spoken to you on the phone before when discussing converting my Woodfast lathe to variable speed.

Quick question: Do you still have any Woodfast lathe accessories, or parts in your inventory?

I have been a customer of CSUSA since the mid 1980's......good supplier of lathe related products.

Welcome.

ooc

Website
www.mljwoods.com
VB-Owner to VB-Retailer

Hello Roger,

We spoke at length a few times prior to my VB-36 arriving in NC. I have a question for you since it has been over one month since I sent an e-mail through the VB page on Hegner's website requesting a little help. The front oiling cup is leaking from where it enters the casting. Not much mind you but enough to wick outwards onto the paint for a few inches. Could you tell me if this can be cured easily by me. I do not want to start trying things and make it worse by any means. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Michael L. Jones
North Carolina

VB-36Oil Cups

Valkyrie,
I don't want to hijack this thread but I hope you get an answer soon. The oil cups on my VB have a hex under the reservior, indicating to me that they are a screw in. I have seen the same cups on other machines that are screw in, but I have not taken them out of the VB to know for sure. Please let me know when you find out. Also ask them what kind of oil they use. I have only used about 1 tablespoon when I got mine, but theirs seems really expensive to me.

Thanks,

Dave

Website
www.mljwoods.com
2VB or Not 2VB

I saw the Hex but thought I had better ask first. Since I have had mine I have used maybe 1/4 cup of the oil. I know it is expensive but from what I understand there is a component in it that needs to be there for the plain bearing arrangement that has extremely tight tolerances. Being a former machine designer myself, when we calculated loads on shafts with plain bearings, we had some high dollar lubricants that had to be used exclusively. Hegner probably has a valid point based on research for their formula and not just gouging for dollars so I would stick with the OEM formula.

Back