• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Ron Odom

Hi to all...I've been woodworking since I retired (2008) and work mainly in furniture. I've done many tables, five dressers and one 2-pedestal desk (for my wife). As to turning, I'm pretty new at that, mostly knobs and handles and a few lidded boxes. I did turn out 57 tops of various design for a family reunion once--that was quite a hit. I have a pretty humble shop in one bay of my garage--which is an RV garage, so I have some vertical space that I've made us of. Turning fascinates me; seen many beautiful pieces come off a lathe and with my math degree--I'm thinking segmented turning is in my future somewhere. I've been admiring your AAW site and the work that's displayed--seems like a family what with introductions and all. No anonymity here!

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
Welcome Ron. I started turning doing segmented work for the same reason you are. I was good with flatwood tools. Of course eventually turning just took over. Glad to have you on board.

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
Welcome to the AAW forum, Ron. We are a friendly bunch, eager to share and help one another. We have members of all experience levels from brand new beginners to old mossbacks. Everyone is encouraged to share what they do and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask ... there's sure to be someone who can help.

Back